Friday, January 07, 2005

Now open for posting!

Well, I've crossed over into the world of the blogger. We'll see how long it lasts. It could be the start of something profound and culturally relevant...or just a scrap of an impulse that will eventually disappear in the landfill of cyberspace. On the one hand, I'm not sure if I'll have anything life-altering or amusing to say here. However, the one thing that I've learned is that EVERYONE has a story, even those who like to tell one. Right now, I'm in a transition period. I have been gently nudged out of the internship nest at WIRED. But, before I can think about job hunting, I'll be getting ready for a 15-day trip to Bangkok and Siem Reap, Cambodia with a three-day lay-over in Tokyo. Except for Bangkok, I've never been to the other two places. I'm unabashedly stoked!! Yes, I know it's Thailand--a tsunami-drenched area. But we are not going to the south. So, we'll be fine. We is my cousin Jennifer and I. Hopefully, I'll encounter more adventures than misadventures. I'll see my grandma for the first time in two years and get to know my cousins on my dad's side. Thank goodness one of them, Somchai, speaks English! I really hope to post while I'm gone. Thanks for reading and again, welcome!

No comments: